While sorting through our loft, we came across a number of holiday souvenirs from our childhoods. Before the internet we had scrapbooks, postcards, brochures, felt-tipped pens and glue. After a magical trip to the USA, a lucky little girl visited western Canada the following year, visiting Calgary, the Rocky Mountains and Vancouver. She wrote about her travels in her scrapbook: travel blogging before the internet.
In those days children were invited to visit the flight deck and meet the captain – a great memory of a friendly pilot, being amazed at the row upon row of switches in the cockpit and seeing the view from the front of the plane at 30,000 feet.
(Names have been redacted to protect the innocent, namely my little brother, who got locked in the toilet on the plane and had to be rescued by the cabin crew!)
- Visit Torres del Paine National Park in Patagonia
- Visit The Atacama Desert – Chilly and Warm in Chile
- Hiking In El Chaltén, Patagonia
- Travel Blogging Before The Internet Part 2: A Trip to Canada
- Visit Quito, Ecuador
- Travel Blogging Before the Internet: A Trip to the USA
- Visit Machu Picchu
- The Maipo Valley in Chile
- Asados in Argentina – High Steaks